The former summer house has to a large extent remained unchanged since 1882. It is almost as though Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach have just closed the doors behind them. In those days, however, the surrounding land was not the municipal park that it is today. It was part of the Daimler residence. Visitors get a real sense of the workshop atmosphere of the founding years.