Ilvesheimer Straße 26
Phone: +49 6203-18 17 86
How proud the inhabitants of Ladenburg must have been when one man singlehandedly turned their town into a synonym for progress. This man was Carl Benz. It is not hard to imagine the looks of amazement on the faces of all those who in 1908 witnessed the first C. Benz Söhne automobiles leaving the production line from what was originally conceived as an engine assembly plant. And how wonderful that this memorial to mobility has now been restored to its former splendour – as the lovingly renovated industrial monument and museum, the Dr. Carl Benz Car Museum. Star exhibits such as the last two C. Benz Söhne vehicles built in Ladenburg and many other classic vehicles from the Benz and Mercedes-Benz brands provide first-hand testimony of our automotive past. A wealth of historic documents and exhibits also help revive memories of the automotive pioneer Carl Benz.
Arrival by car.
Leave the A5 motorway at the Ladenburg exit and follow the signs to Ladenburg-West. At the roundabout continue straight ahead into “Benzstraße”, then turn left at the main road into “Ilvesheimer Straße”. The Dr. Carl Benz Car Museum is approx. 100 metres further along on the left-hand side.
From Mannheim: From the direction of Ilvesheim turn right at the main road into “Ilvesheimer Straße”. The Dr. Carl Benz Car Museum is approx. 100 metres further along on the left-hand side.
From Heidelberg: Follow the B3 through Schriesheim, after Schriesheim turn left onto the L597, then continue as above. Parking is available at the site.
Arrival by train.
Regional trains stop (RegionalBahn) at Ladenburg from Mannheim and Heidelberg or from Frankfurt/Darmstadt. Bus connections from “Ladenburg” station: Bus lines 628 and 627, get off at “Ilvesheimer Straße”. The museum is a ten-minute walk from the station.