In 2020, five very different types of Mercedes-Benz, which premiered 30 years ago in 1990, will join this noble club:
- Mercedes-Benz 190 E 1.8 (W 201)
- Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II (W 201)
- Mercedes-Benz 250 TD turbo diesel (model series 124)
- Mercedes-Benz 200 CE (model series 124)
- Mercedes-Benz 500 E (model series 124)
In the compact W 201 class, these are the 190 E 1.8 and its super-sport brother, the 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II. The 124 model series has now contributed the 200 CE coupé and the 250 TD turbo diesel estate. These vehicles were initially built in 1990 for export to Italy only. This quintet is now rounded off by the first cars in the legendary 500 E series, that powerful V8 saloon in the inconspicuous guise of the W 124 series, which came off the assembly line at the end of 1990.