One more time.
We are celebrating 30 years of DTM together.
Welcome to the 2018 Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition!
Mercedes-AMG Motorsport are again organising the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing competition based on Steam's RaceRoom Racing Experience gaming platform. It's worth taking part, because the most successful players will get the chance to attend an AMG Driving Academy event organised by Mercedes-AMG at the end of the season.
What can you expect?
- 30 years – five chapters – five champions. This year you can expect the challenge of competing with different vehicles throughout the season. Driving dynamics, Livery and much more have been integrated into the 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' by the five champions vehicles.
- New format: One qualifying competition round and one multi-player race per DTM race weekend
- Livestream of multi-player races during DTM race weekends on Facebook, YouTube and at Mercedes-AMG Motorsport World of Experience
- The top five eRacers will travel to the DTM finale in Hockenheim and compete against the six Mercedes-AMG Motorsport DTM drivers
- The three best players in the finale will each get the chance to attend an AMG Driving Academy event
How the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition works:
The Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing competition will take place in tandem with the 2018 DTM season. There will be a qualifying competition in the run-up to every race weekend. The 18 best gamers will qualify for the multi-player race which will take place at the same time, 13:00 (CET), on DTM race Sundays. In the multi-player race, the 18 best eRacers from qualifying will compete against each other’s.
The multi-player races will be broadcast as livestream via Facebook and YouTube as well as at Mercedes-AMG Motorsport World of Experience. The top ten drivers from the race will be awarded points according to the DTM classification system. The race format will consist of a fifteen-minute warm-up, followed by a ten-minute qualifying session and a twenty-minute race.
At the end of the championship, the five best eRacers will be invited to the DTM finale in Hockenheim to contest the virtual final round against the six Mercedes-AMG Motorsport DTM drivers. The top three online eRacers will each be given the chance to attend an AMG Driving Academy event.