The grand finale
The finalists in the Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition have been decided in readiness for the grand finale in Hockenheim
- The eight finalists in the Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition will compete in Hockenheim against the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers
- The winners will be invited to take part in an event of the AMG Driving Academy
- Live stream of the racing on Facebook and YouTube
Decision time is fast approaching. Even before the final two winners of the 2016 DTM season receive their trophies on the podium at the grand finale in Hockenheim (14th - 16th October), the winners of the first Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition will have been decided at the venue. The eight finalists in the online competition will take part in a virtual race against the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers on the Friday of the last race weekend of the season.
The finale will be streamed live at 6:40 pm on Friday, 14th October 2016 on the Facebook and YouTube channels of Mercedes-Benz. During the weekend, video highlights featuring the best scenes from the event will be uploaded on the social media channels of Mercedes-Benz and of the Mercedes-AMG DTM Team.
The event at the Mercedes-Benz Hospitality in the Hockenheimring paddock will be hosted by TV presenter and actor, Thore Schölermann, who has presented clips on Mercedes-AMG Race Hub TV this year. After a short qualifying round, the finalists will compete in a 20-minute race against the DTM aces.
What has happened so far: The route to the finale
The Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition was inaugurated at the start of the 2016 DTM season. It gives online players around the world the chance to compete against each other and to compare their performance at all eight DTM circuits in a league table of fastest times. 10,724 gamers have taken part in this inaugural season of the competition.
The Top Ten in the rankings come from six different countries around the world: Germany, Greece, Romania, Brazil, Japan and Italy. The best eight entrants in the online competition can now see how they fare in the decisive final race against the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers at the DTM season finale in Hockenheim. The prize for the top four drivers will be the chance to participate in an event of the AMG Driving Academy.
The Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition at a glance:
- The online championship took place during the 2016 DTM season, utilising the Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM at all eight DTM race tracks
- Starting on the Monday before each race weekend, users were able to post their best times at the circuit where racing was taking place that weekend
- One of the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers would set a time to beat on the simulator on the Friday of the race weekend
- The best eight drivers from the online championship have now been invited to the final DTM race weekend in Hockenheim to compete against the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers in the online finale
- The top four drivers from the final round will get the chance to take part in an event of the AMG Driving Academy
The grand finale of the Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition will be staged with the kind support of RaceRoom.