- 3.0-litre V6 biturbo engine with modified engine management, increased boost pressure, and noticeably enhanced dynamism and flexibility
- 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission with double-declutching function during downshifts and particularly short response times in 'Sport Plus' mode
- AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with rear-biased torque distribution of 31 to 69 percent (front axle to rear axle)
- AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with adaptive three-stage adjustable damping, with a mode-selection button, as in the Mercedes-AMG C 63
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT Switch for a dynamic, individually selectable driving experience with five modes and AMG-specific parameterisation
- Three-stage ESP® Electronic Stability Program
- Front axle with newly developed steering knuckles and spring link supporting joints, elastokinematically adapted links as in the Mercedes-AMG C 63
- Rear axle with elastokinematics configured for higher driving dynamics
- Large brakes with internally ventilated compound brake discs, perforated with 360 mm diameter on the front axle, 320 mm diameter on the rear axle
- AMG design with unique front and rear apron as well as specific exhaust tailpipes
- Diamond radiator grille with pins in chrome and louvre in high-gloss black
- 18-inch AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish
- AMG instrument cluster in chequered-flag design with 280 km/h scale and AMG main menu
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in leather with deep indentations in the grip area, flattened bottom section and red contrasting topstitching
- Upholstery in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfibre in black with sports-seat look and red topstitching
- Fully automatic all-season fabric soft top offering outstanding climate comfort and an exceptionally low noise level, which can be opened or closed in just 20 seconds when driving at a speed of up to 50 km/h
- There is also an optional fabric acoustic soft top available, for further enhanced climate comfort and an even lower noise level
- Boot capacity of 285 to 360 litres ideal for longer journeys
AMG: the 3.0-litre V6 biturbo engine
The new 3.0-litre V6 biturbo engine is part of the BlueDIRECT engine family from Mercedes-Benz. Technical advances including a modified boost pressure allowed the AMG engineers to increase the engine's power output and torque as well as its dynamism and flexibility to typical AMG levels. With 270 kW (367 hp) and 520 Nm, the V6 engine sets new standards in its segment. The same NANOSLIDE® coating of the cylinder liners is used in the Formula One engines of MERCEDES-AMG PETRONAS. Especially tough and, therefore, wear-resistant, this coating also reduces friction, thereby contributing to higher efficiency. The AMG powerplant can be identified by the red aluminium insert in the engine cover.
Short shift times, high efficiency: 9G-TRONIC
The 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission is specially matched to the demands of the C 43 4MATIC. By specifically adapting the software, the AMG developers have been able to significantly shorten the 9-speed transmission's shift times. The multiple downshift allows faster short bursts of speed, while the double-declutching function in the 'Sport' and 'Sport Plus' transmission modes makes for an even more emotive driving experience. Furthermore, defined ignition adjustments allow even faster gear changes than in the 'Eco' and 'Comfort' modes.
'Manual' mode can be selected by pressing a button on the centre console. The gear changes are based on the selected transmission mode, and the driver can now change gear using the paddles on the steering wheel. Also, the transmission stays in the selected gear and does not automatically shift up when the engine speed reaches the limit.
With automatic adjustable damping: the sports suspension
Equipped as standard with the AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with adaptive three-stage adjustable damping, the Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC Cabriolet has all the right ingredients to deliver outstanding driving dynamics and exceptionally high comfort on long journeys. The front axle has been provided with stiffer steering knuckles, improved elastokinematics and increased negative camber. In combination with the likewise newly developed wishbone guide bearings, this design results in significantly more agile cornering plus more precise and direct suspension feedback from the road. The driver can select the automatic adjustable damping system's three suspension modes 'Comfort', 'Sport' and 'Sport Plus' using a button on the centre console to fully customise the driving impression.
Characteristics at the tap of a finger: AMG DYNAMIC SELECT
With the five AMG DYNAMIC SELECT transmission modes 'Eco', 'Comfort', 'Sport', 'Sport Plus' and 'Individual', the characteristics of the C 43 4MATIC Cabriolet can be individualised even further at the tap of a finger. The available range extends from efficient and comfortable to very sporty. This modifies key parameters, such as the response of the engine, transmission, suspension set-up and steering.
To increase efficiency, the ECO start/stop function and the gliding function reduce fuel consumption in 'Eco' mode: when the driver releases the accelerator in a speed range between 60 and 160 km/h, the clutch is disengaged and the engine is decoupled from the powertrain. The electronics reduce the engine speed to idle level, and the driving resistance is reduced by the compression and frictional forces of the engine in overrun mode.
Direct and with clear feedback: speed-sensitive sports steering
With its variable ratio, the speed-sensitive sports steering enhances the agile cornering of the new C 43 4MATIC Cabriolet. It impresses with its precise and exceptionally authentic feedback. The power steering assistance can be varied in the 'Comfort' or 'Sport' setting. The corresponding characteristic is automatically activated depending on the selected AMG DYNAMIC SELECT transmission mode or can be personalised in 'Individual' mode.
Muscular with an emphasis on width: the exterior design
The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC Cabriolet is likewise sporty in appearance, making it instantly recognisable as a member of the AMG family. Hallmark features include the distinctive AMG design and the specific light-alloy wheels. They underscore the progressive nature and performance of the brand. The engine cover with red aluminium insert accentuates the strengths of the new twin-turbo six-cylinder engine.
The AMG design includes the front apron with sporty distinctive air intakes, diamond meshes, silver chrome trim, as well as the rear apron with matt iridium silver diffuser insert. The diamond radiator grille features chrome-plated pins, a louvre in high-gloss black and AMG lettering. Below this, the silver chrome front splitter ensures an optimal flow of air to the cooling modules.
Additional highlights are the black exterior mirror housings, the high-gloss black beltline trim strip and window frame, and the two chrome-plated tailpipe trim elements with centrepiece. Further distinguishing features include the new 'BITURBO – 4MATIC' lettering on the front wings as well as the 'AMG' and 'C 43' lettering on the left and right of the boot lid respectively.
Customers are also able to order the optional Night package, which includes dark-tinted thermal insulation glass from the B-pillars to the rear, a trim element in the front apron in high-gloss black, a diffuser-look insert at the rear in high-gloss black and two tailpipe trim elements in black with centrepiece.
AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish round off the design visually. Size 225/45 R 18 tyres on 7.5 x 18 light-alloy wheels are fitted at the front, while the rear axle comes with 245/40 R 18 tyres on 8.5 x 18 wheels. Attractive 48.3 cm (19-inch) light-alloy wheels in various designs are optionally available for even greater individualisation.
Sporty look with model-specific details: the interior design
The interior reinforces the car's consistently dynamic bias with numerous specially designed details. Ideal for a committed driving style, the multifunction sports steering wheel in black leather features a flattened bottom section and red contrasting topstitching, and fits especially well in the hand.
The enhanced lateral support offered by the sports seats keeps the driver in a secure position even when pushing the car to its limits. The upholstery in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfibre and the dashboard in ARTICO create an exceptionally sporty ambience. The man-made leather is also used on the beltlines, the armrests, the door centre panels and the centre console. Red contrasting topstitching, designo red safety belts and black floor mats with red edging add attractive highlights. The trim in light longitudinal-grain aluminium embedded in the dashboard and the doors provides effective contrasts.
The AMG instrument cluster delivers all relevant information in a clearly arranged layout optimised for a dynamic driving style. An authentic sports car look and feel is provided by two tube-shaped round dials, 11.4 cm (4.5-inch) multifunction colour display, RACETIMER and 280 km/h scale in chequered-flag design.
Suitability for everyday use is additionally enhanced by intelligent comfort functions such as optional AIRSCARF neck-level heating, operation of the fabric soft top while driving (up to 50 km/h, initiated below 5 km/h) and optional automatic closing of the boot separator.
Exclusive options include the fully automatic fabric acoustic soft top, which is available in black, dark blue, brown or dark red. The multi-layered structure incorporating various insulation materials effectively reduces ambient noise and thus reduces the interior noise level.
Birgit Zaiser, Press and Public Relations Mercedes-AMG, tel.: +49 (0)7144 302-581, firstname.lastname@example.org
Koert Groeneveld, Global Product Communications Mercedes-Benz Cars, tel.: +49 (0)711 17-93211, email@example.com
* The figures are provided in accordance with the German regulation 'PKW-EnVKV' and apply to the German market only. Further information on official fuel consumption figures and the official specific CO₂ emissions of new passenger cars can be found in the EU guide 'Information on the fuel consumption, CO₂ emissions and energy consumption of new cars', which is available free of charge at all sales dealerships, from DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH and at www.dat.de.
Further information about Mercedes-Benz is available online: www.media.daimler.com and www.mercedes-benz.com