- 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbo engine with modified engine control unit, increased boost pressure and far higher dynamics and high-revving
- 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission with double-declutching function when shifting down and exhilaratingly short response times in 'Sport Plus' mode
- AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with rear-biased torque distribution of 31 to 69 percent (front axle to rear axle)
- AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with adaptive variable damping in three stages, mode can be selected via button, adopted from Mercedes‑AMG C 63
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT switch for dynamic, individually selectable driving experience with five drive modes and AMG-specific parameterisation
- Three-stage Electronic Stability Program ESP®
- Front axle with newly developed steering knuckles and load-bearing joints on the spring link. Elastokinematic adjustments to the links have been adopted from the Mercedes-AMG C 63
- Rear axle with elastokinematics tailored to higher driving dynamics
- Large braking system with internally ventilated compound brake discs, perforated at the front with a diameter of 360 mm, and with a diameter of 320 mm at the rear
- AMG styling with distinctive front and rear apron as well as special exhaust tailpipes
- Diamond radiator grille with chrome-plated pins and louvre in high-gloss black
- 18' AMG light-alloy wheels in 5-spoke design, painted high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish
- AMG instrument cluster with chequered flag design with 280 km/h scale and AMG main menu
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in leather with deep embossing in grip area, flattened bottom section, with red contrasting topstitching
- Upholstery in ARTICO man-made leather / DINAMICA microfibre in black with sports seat upholstery layout and red topstitching
AMG-specific: the 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbo engine
The new 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbo engine is part of the BlueDIRECT engine family from Mercedes-Benz. Technical advances including a modified boost pressure allowed the AMG engineers to increase the engine's power output and torque as well as its dynamism and flexibility to typical AMG levels. With 270 kW (367 hp) and 520 Nm, the V6 engine sets new standards in its segment. The NANOSLIDE® coating of the cylinder liners is also used in the Formula One engines of MERCEDES-AMG PETRONAS. Especially tough and, therefore, wear-resistant, this coating also reduces friction, thereby contributing to higher efficiency. The AMG powerplant can be identified by the red aluminium insert in the engine cover.
Short shift times, high efficiency: 9G-TRONIC
The 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission is especially matched to the demands of the Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC. Thanks to the model-specific software application, the AMG developers managed to reduce substantially the shift times of the 9-speed transmission. The multiple downshift allows even faster short bursts of speed, while the double-declutching function in the 'Sport' and 'Sport Plus' transmission modes makes for an even more emotive driving experience. Defined ignition adjustments also provide faster gearshifts in the 'Eco' and 'Comfort' modes.
'Manual' mode can be enabled by pressing a button on the centre console. The gear changes are based on the selected transmission mode, and the driver can now change gear using the paddles on the steering wheel. Moreover, the transmission stays in the selected gear and does not automatically shift up when the engine speed reaches the limit.
With automatic variable damping: the sports suspension
The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC Coupé offers the optimum conditions for high driving dynamics and outstanding comfort on long journeys thanks to the standard-fit AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension. The four-link front axle is fitted with special steering knuckles and load-bearing joints; all components have been optimised in terms of rigidity.
A more negative camber on the front axle and on the multi-link rear axle enhances lateral dynamics. The elastokinematics of both axles have been designed to be more rigid in general. All these measures improve agility, and boost the dynamics. In addition, the driver benefits from reduced body roll, higher lateral acceleration, better traction, and strong neutral handling at the limit.
The driver can select the automatic adjustable damping system's three suspension modes 'Comfort', 'Sport' and 'Sport Plus' using a button on the centre console to fully customise the driving impression.
Characteristics at the tap of a finger: AMG DYNAMIC SELECT
With the five AMG DYNAMIC SELECT transmission modes 'Eco', 'Comfort', 'Sport', 'Sport Plus' and 'Individual', the driver can tailor the characteristics of the C 43 4MATIC Coupé to individual preferences at the tap of a finger. The available range extends from efficient and comfortable to very sporty. This modifies key parameters, such as the response of the engine, transmission, suspension set-up and steering.
The 'Sport Plus' mode in particular delivers impressive hallmark AMG dynamics and enhances the emotional appeal: partial cylinder suppression during gear changes by means of a momentary and precisely defined retardation of ignition and injection under full throttle allows for even faster gear changes, and is also audible to the driver. This is perfectly complemented by the emotive double-declutching function when downshifting.
In order to increase efficiency, the ECO start/stop function and the 'sailing' function reduce fuel consumption in 'Eco' mode: when the driver releases the accelerator in a speed range between 60 and 160 km/h, the clutch is disengaged and the engine is decoupled from the powertrain. The electronics reduce the engine speed to idle level, and the driving resistance is reduced by the compression and frictional forces of the engine in overrun mode.
Direct and with clear feedback: speed-sensitive sports steering
The speed-sensitive sports steering assists the agile cornering of the new C 43 4MATIC Coupé with its variable ratio. It stands out with its precise, highly authentic feedback. The servo assistance can be varied in the 'Comfort' or 'Sport' setting. The relevant characteristics are automatically activated depending on the selected DYNAMIC SELECT transmission mode or can be personalised in 'Individual' mode.
Muscular with an emphasis on width: the exterior design
The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC Coupé is likewise sporty in appearance, making it instantly recognisable as a member of the AMG family. Characteristic features include the distinctive AMG styling as well as the specific light-alloy wheels. They underscore the brand's progressive nature and performance. The engine cover with red aluminium insert accentuates the strengths of the new twin-turbo six-cylinder engine.
The AMG styling includes the front apron with sporty distinctive air intakes, diamond meshes, silver chrome trim, as well as the rear apron with matt iridium silver diffuser insert. The diamond radiator grille features chrome-plated pins, a louvre in high-gloss black and the AMG lettering. Down below, the silver chrome front splitter ensures an optimal flow of air to the cooling modules.
Additional highlights include the black exterior mirror housings, the high-gloss black waistline trim strip and window frame, as well as the two chrome-plated tailpipes with centre divider. Further striking features come courtesy of the new 'BITURBO – 4MATIC' lettering on the front wings and the 'AMG' (left) and 'C 43' (right) lettering on the boot lid.
Customers can choose the complementary optional Night package, which adds heat-insulating dark tinted glass rearward of the B-pillar, high-gloss black front apron trim, a high-gloss black diffuser-look insert at the rear, and two black tailpipes with centre divider.
AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish round off the design visually. Size 225/45 R 18 tyres on 7.5 x 18 light-alloy wheels are fitted at the front, while the rear axle comes with 245/40 R 18 tyres on 8.5 x 18 wheels. 48.3 cm (19') light-alloy wheels in various designs are optionally available for even greater individualisation.
Sporty look with model-specific details: the interior design
The interior reinforces the consistently dynamic bias with numerous specially designed details. Ideal for a committed driving style, the multifunction sports steering wheel in black leather features a flattened bottom section and red contrasting topstitching, and sits perfectly in the hand.
The driver finds a secure position in the sports seat even driving at speed thanks to the improved lateral support. The ARTICO man-made leather / DINAMICA microfibre upholstery and the instrument panel trimmed with ARTICO create a very sporty ambience. The man-made leather is also used on the upper edges of the body, the armrests, the door centre panels and the centre console. Red contrasting topstitching, designo red safety belts and black floor mats with red edging add attractive highlights. The aluminium trim pieces with light-tone longitudinal grain embedded in the instrument panel and the doors provide effective contrasts.
The AMG instrument cluster delivers all relevant information in a clearly arranged layout optimised for a dynamic driving style. An authentic sports car look and feel is provided by two tube-shaped round dials, 11.4 cm (4.5-inch) multifunction colour display, RACETIMER and 280 km/h scale in chequered-flag design.
Birgit Zaiser, Press and Public Relations Mercedes-AMG, tel.: +49 (0)7144 302-581, email@example.com
Koert Groeneveld, Global Product Communications Mercedes-Benz Cars, tel.: +49 (0)711 17-93211, firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about Mercedes-Benz is available online: www.media.daimler.com and www.mercedes-benz.com
* The figures are provided in accordance with the German regulation 'PKW-EnVKV' and apply to the German market only. Further information on official fuel consumption figures and the official specific CO₂ emissions of new passenger cars can be found in the EU guide 'Information on the fuel consumption, CO₂ emissions and energy consumption of new cars', which is available free of charge at all sales dealerships, from DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH and at www.dat.de.